Eight ways families put the “sweat” in sweat equity with Habitat
- Performing construction work on their home or another family’s home. Common activities can include framing or raising walls.
- Clearing debris from build sites to make way for new construction.
- Serving as a greeter or helping customers find the perfect item for their DIY project at our Habitat ReStore.
- Writing thank you cards to local donors or filing or performing other administrative tasks.
- Helping to serve lunches for volunteers on a build site.
- Procuring donations for different fundraiser.
- Speaking to the community at events.
- Participating in homeowner classes. Throughout the process of purchasing their home, future homeowners can earn sweat equity credit as they learn about their mortgage, insurance, maintenance, home safety and more.